Friday, March 14, 2014

Lent -- Day 9 of 40 (It's Friday -- and one of the many {many} reasons I L.O.V.E. Jimmy Fallon)

So I love Jimmy Fallon for many many MANY reasons. First of all he's (let's just pretend I know him personally) really really nice. Rob knows that when/if (which is hopefully never) anything ever happens to him, that I will settle for nothing less than Jimmy Fallon. It's one of my Life Goals (literally) to meet him and for Rob and I have dinner with he and his wife. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel would be invited too if they wanted to come as long as JT and Jimmy would do a Melanie Yates version of "History of Rap" where I got to pick the songs. And let's be clear, this may never happen, but a girl can dream right. 

Anyway, one of the first things I saw on Jimmy Fallon was this video with Steven Colbert and Steven (on his show, The Colbert Report) said that Jimmy would donate $20,000 to a charity. And Jimmy said that if they did it, Steven would have to come on his show and sing Friday. Well, it still makes me laugh, along with just about everything Jimmy does.

Here is my Top 10 favorite things about The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, as well as Jimmy Fallon in general:

  1. Thank you, Notes (fitting since it's Friday night)
  2. History of Rap with Justin Timberlake
  3. #Hashtags and Jimmy and Justin's #hashtag
  4. All of the songs he sings (Reading Rainbow, TeBowie, and the list goes on and on!)
  5. The Roots
  6. Steve Higgins (he and Jimmy talk about funny moments)
  7. Slow Jams the News (especially when Brian Williams does it)
  8. Every Mississippi State home football game they show this clip and it makes me love him more every time I see it.
  9. Silly but love this SNL moment -- Jimmy's HAIR!!! 
  10. My worlds collided (and so did theirs) when Jimmy and Justin hosted SNL last year -- SO GREAT, SO GREAT!!
He is SO GREAT and most nights at 10:30, you'll find me tuned in to NBC's Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, and I will be for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment