Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lent -- Day 8 of 40 (welcome back family, movies, #tbt, and misc. topics)

It’s good to be back in the land of the living today (i.e. shower, make-up, work, leaving the house). Rob and I have had lots of good QT and have actually caught up on lots of movies (we have watched more movies together in the last 4 days than the last 4 years). Dallas Buyers Club, Runner Runner, Nebraska, and 12 Years a Slave – all great! We were sitting on the couch and it was so quiet around our house and I said "I guess this is what it is going to be like when children are gone to college." Quiet and watching movies...It was nice because 99.9% of the time we are without them, we are going somewhere. We were lazy but Rob had just had an organ removed and I guess I have no excuse except I was taking care of him. 

But it was such a joy to see the children today. Of course, when I picked them up, Luke was crying,  Mary Flynn as asleep, and Reed was on the verge of throwing up. Back to reality, but good (kinda) to be back. I had missed their sweet little faces. 
As soon as Mary Flynn walked in the door, she glanced at Rob said “Hey Daddy,” and said “I want to go to Mimi’s” and of course, Mimi was ready to see her too! Boys went straight over to Hill’s to play – glad you missed us (maybe it just says they are well adjusted?).

All is well and back to normal on Spring Avenue!

Well, onto spiritual matters: I am truly enjoying the 40 day prayer challenge. It’s been SUCH a blessing already and it’s just Day 2. A friend texted me that she was trying to figure out “next steps.” And I thought to myself, I have read something about next steps just today (let’s see was it Jesus Calling, Sparkly Green Earrings, Hands Free Mama, gods at war – seriously have read bits and pieces of all of these in the last few days.) (Rob is right, I’m turning into my mother who is always reading). 

I looked in the 40-day prayer challenge and this was the verse for yesterday:

“In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.” 
--  Proverbs 16:9

WHAT!!!??? God was right there – it was an amazing moment!!! I am circling!! And here is an excerpt from the reading -- SO SO SO SO SO SO great!
Today was day 3 and this was the verse:

“Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do AMAZING things among you!” Joshua 3:5

I already love this verse so much – I prayed a prayer today that whatever I did, I was going to do it to please God…I know He has some amazing things in store. He told me so!!  At the end of today’s reading it said, “If we give more of ourselves to God, God will give more of Himself to us.” So simple but I’m down with that.

And since it's #tbt...

...my mom was switching out some pictures in a frame and found this jewel circa 1999. Destination Unknown -- babies!!! Crazy that has been 15 years ago -- yikes! Mary Flynn saw the pic and said, "Daddy has some crazy hair!" Somebody did not like getting their hair cut in college ^^^^!

And on the inst today: I just love these bracelets from Love, Poppy -- aren't those awesome spring colors. I spy the 2014 color of the year, Radiant Orchid!!!


 And I am going to do a post on Noonday because I love it for so many reasons, on so many levels, it's about the closest thing to an obsession I have ever had. Not only is the jewelry great and one of my besties is an ambassador, each and every product gives a person in a 3rd world country a fair wage. I thought this quote was amazing, especially since I really want to remember this quote! Beautiful jewelry and inspires us all to do better for people all over the world.

Amen and Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment