Friday, March 21, 2014

Lent -- Day 13 of 40 (things I am loving right now)

Friday “LOVES”
It’s Friday and it’s been a long week, (and I skipped another day yesterday, but I am still plugging along and by Easter, I will have 40 posts), and it’s FRIDAY!!!
Just thought I’d share a few of my favorite things that I have seen this week that will be in my world hopefully very soon:
·         These flats from The Root Collective:


Made by this guy (#ottomademyshoes)
and here is his story:

Lovingly known in the slum of La Limonada in Guatemala City as "Don Otto" (roughly translated "Mr. Otto"), this man has one of the most tender hearts imaginable. Each one of his shoes is crafted with not only skill, but a tremendous amount of love. His vision is to transform his community through honest jobs and relationships.

  • Sseko sandals and bags: I will have a pair of these before summer for the days the antelopes aren't cutting it (which aren't many b/c I love those shoes), but these have a great casual look and are helping put women through college in Uganda. Please and thank you! 


                       Here is a little bit more about their story:

Sseko Designs is an ethical fashion brand based in Uganda. In addition to handbags and accessories, we make beautiful leather sandals with interchangeable fabric straps that can be styled in hundreds of ways.
Sseko began as a way to generate income for high potential, talented young women to continue on to university. And it is working! Every woman who has graduated from Sseko is currently pursuing her college degree or has graduated from university and is on her way to making our world a more beautiful place. 
Of Course I am still swooning over this bag from my "go-to" collection for give back products, helping women all over the world make a fair wage. I'm having a Noonday Party May 1st, so hopefully I will score enough hostess credits to add this to my collection of Noonday. This might be my favorite piece ever.

Kismet tote -- SWOON!!!


Threaded charm necklace...could certainly add this to my collection too!!
  • LOVE HAITI shirts -- We are going back to Haiti in May and I am super excited about the trip. Hoping to get some amazing things going with the women and children there! Circling that in prayer daily. And this is one of the ways we are getting there:

  • And speaking of Haiti this is happening in a few weeks and Reed is running it with me!
A few steps closer to one of my life goals with my children:

1.      Train and run a ½ marathon with each child

And this is a quote I saw today on Instagram that I thought was awesome! Looking forward to a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment