Friday, April 9, 2010

Springtime with the BBs

I kept wondering why in the world my house was staying so clean. Well, we haven't been inside. The little blond boys have been getting home from school and not even going through the door. We've been sliding, swinging, riding bicycles, driving jeeps, picking flowers, playing baseball, blowing spilling/eating bubbles (thank goodness they aren't expensive) and chalking on EVERYTHING (including ourselves...and FYI it doesn't come out of clothing). Basically just having tons of fun (minus the yellow dust all over everything)!
Reed and Luke love to pick flowers for me -- and that is all they pick is the actual flower -- no stem.... 
Pure joy -- loving being outside.
This picture just reminded me of the above picture of Reed for some reason -- am I just crazy?!?!?
Luke mowing --
Rob is hoping both BBs continue to enjoy mowing for about the next 10 - 12 years so he can turn over the upkeep of our almost 2 acre yard to them. I'm sure they won't want to, but I feel like they will get the yard work anyway...
Reed batting -- he loves to play baseball, but I think we're going to wait
until next year to play anything organized.
Luke even got a turn (which is rare) and loved it.



Had yet another terrible storm last night and the BBs ended up in the bed with us, which is very rare. They are now sharing a room and sleeping in twin beds. They love it! But if there is lots of thunder and lightening, Luke isn't loving anything, except finding his mama and daddy, and Reed isn't staying in there by himself. SO, they end up in the bed with us. Well, they continued to sleep through Rob and I getting
ready this morning and they looked so angelic...
You can barely see a little bruise on Luke's check from where he fell at school and his little dog "Daisy" who has sidewalk chalk ALL OVER HER.
Sweet sleep!


And last but not least, this is my snowball tree in the backyard --
it's about to be FULL of these blooms and I can't wait to fill by house with them!!!

And everything that is new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season´s change
And so it´ll be
As You´re re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring 
 Every Season by Nichole Nordeman (the spring verse)

No comments:

Post a Comment