Thursday, April 8, 2010

Prayers to the Harris' family

I always wonder what heaven is like -- I know it is more awesome than we can ever imagine. Well, Taylor's dad, Craig, is experiencing the majesty of God's glory right now. Mr. Harris lost his battle with cancer early yesterday morning after suffering for about 6 months -- it's going to be a very sad time, but think about what he is experiencing right now.

Laura called me Tuesday night while they were visiting with him and she said, "You know he is so close to heaven, I mean, we talk about that all the time and he is right there!" It's sometimes scary to think about death, but when she said that, when hits that close to home, it makes you think about it on a deeper level.

I went running last night and the Natalie Grant song was on again that I posted in my Easter post, and this is the last verse of that song:

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

WOW -- so I preceded to listen to the song during my whole run. Such a comfort! Can't stop thinking and praying for Laura, Taylor, and the rest of the Harris family.

No comments:

Post a Comment