Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Painting project -- yay or nay?

I have a room in my house that we call the computer room -- Reed calls it the "puter" room 
(and while we are on that subject, he calls the dining room, "the diamond room" -- where we store all of our precious jewels...ha)

Anyway, Laura was redoing her living room and was getting rid of this:
I traded her a rug I had that matched her kitchen perfectly so we traded the rug for the above piece! 

There is also a old pie safe in that room (see below) -- and I have painted the lime green squares (which are punched tin) Blue. The actual color is Sherwin Williams Halcyon Green (thank you Em for the color suggestion!):



On another blog I follow, she had painted an armoire the same color and I loved the way it turned out! I'm still debating, but eventually I want to turn this room into a play room for the boys so I thought the blue would be fun. Plus, with wood on the walls AND the floor, I wanted this piece to have some color. This room has always housed and will continue to keep a lot of my Neshoba County Fair art and prints, which are very colorful and fun. 


So, to paint or not to paint...that is the question? 
I've already bought the paint -- got a little over eager -- so I may be painting this weekend?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment