Thursday, May 20, 2010

Garden update

Our garden is FINALLY starting to grown lots of weeds vegetables and flowers and I can't wait to actually pick something. After our tomatoes died twice (due to heavy rains), I think we are going get to enjoy some homegrown tomatoes this summer after all. That is the main reason Rob said he planted the garden was for the tomatoes. And if I hear Rob say nut grass one more time I will scream -- Rob and the grass are at war and I think the grass is winning as you will see in the pictures. Ugh! However, so far it's been lots of work for the guys fun and we have two precious garden hands (and a garden dog) who are
loving watching our "garden grow!"

Reed pointing to our tomatoes!
Corn
Tomatoes (I think...)
Not sure, but looking great!
Squash -- yummy!
The first signs of zinnias -- I absolutely can not WAIT for these to bloom! Easiest flower to plant from seed and in my personal opinion, the most beautiful and Southern flower of summer!
My little punk rocker -- "up, Up, Mommy"

...and I'll leave you with yet another Southern flower that I love -- the hydrangea
This one is in our yard and this is the first year it has really thrived and I am thrilled!!!
It has over 20 soon to be bright pink blooms.

from Nicole Nordeman's "Every Season"
Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You
In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer


Praise God for the sun, rain, laughter of children, and each blessing He gives us!




No comments:

Post a Comment