Thursday, May 13, 2010

Girls Trip...10 years and counting...

Every year since our Senior year in college, my BFFs from college and I have taken a beach trip. We haven't missed a year and I am leaving today (YAY!) for our 11th "girls weekend!" It is always tons of fun catching up with each wonderful woman (weird calling us women b/c we all feel like we're 20 year old girls again when we're together). Between us, we have been through lots of boyfriends, engagements, weddings, pregnancies, and birthed around fifteen children!! We've laughed together, cried together, shared secrets, big accomplishments, and heartbreaks. We reminisce about our college years and how much fun we had and how we'd all do it over again without changing a thing! We know just about every detail about each other and after all these years, we pick up just like we're walking into one another's dorm room in McKee Hall. I am so blessed to call these ladies my friends. 
Love you girls and looking forward to a wonderful weekend together with y'all! 

Okay -- all sappiness aside, we've been e-mailing back and forth all week and the e-mail subject line has been "Beach Week" -- have laughed OUT LOUD a lot!!

I've been trying to gather pics from every year of our trips and realized that years 2000 - 2004 I was not in the "digital" age, so I will have to scan those in later. Of course, with everything else going on I have not had the extra 10 hours it would take to scan those in -- here is 2005-2009:



Girls Trip -- Destin 2005
I got a little toasty -- can we say sunscreen please!!

Girls Trips -- Destin 2006
The year of the Preg Nancy
Me {pregnant with Reed}, Nikki, and Vikki were due within weeks of each other

Girls Trip -- Destin 2007
What was I thinking with the short hair?

Girls Trip 2008 --  Oktibbeha County Hospital, Baby Boy, Luke!

(this is, however, the only one I've ever missed -- don't know how y'all got anywhere without me!)

Girls Trip -- Destin 2009

Love you girls! Looking forward to a wonderful weekend with you all!

...will give all the details (well maybe just SOME of them when we return) -- can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment