Saturday, May 8, 2010

Garden and Gun


Well, there may not be ANYONE who reads my blog, but I am announcing to my 6 followers that I LOVE the new publication Garden and Gun!!! A girl who interned in the corporate communications department at Southern Progress became an editor here after she was a decorating editor at the now defunct (and my favorite magazine of all time) Cottage Living. Her name is Haskell Harris and she has a great blog about decorating. The magazine itself is fabulous with stories from all over the South, as well as food, decorating ideas, and traveling suggestions. The chef/owner of City Grocery in Oxford, John Currence, does a blog on food, which is neat too! Also, Julia Reed (click on this link and scroll down to her bio), who grew up in Greenville, Mississippi, and is a contributing editor at Newsweek, writes for the mag.


Anyway, if you are from the south and love Southern culture, Southern artists, Southern authors, and basically anything from the South (which I DO), subscribe to this magazine...I've even caught Rob flipping through the pages (I guess he would since gun is in the title). This was the article he loved:

So, do not pass go, do not collect $200 -- just go out and get this magazine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment