Saturday, April 9, 2011

Books on the nightstand

So, I have had these three books on my nightstand for a while and I am loving all three. 
 
The first is called The Happiness Project. My cousin, Suzanne, told me about it at the Fair this year and I happened upon it at the bookstore. It is a wonderful account of Gretchen Rubin's year of making her life happier. Not that I am unhappy (nor was she), but there are so many little things we can do each day to be happier people. One of my favorite parts of this book is the "treasure house of happy memories" part. She wanted her children to remember their childhood home as a happy place when the think back on their lives. Don't we all!! Now, each afternoon I try to really think hard about how I spend my time with the boys and make every moment count. I TRY to take TONS of pictures which in the future will help us recall happy memories. Don't get me wrong, some afternoons involve a 2 year old screaming because he is not getting his way and a four year old not wanting to share with his two year old brother, hence the screaming, but hopefully they can look back and remember mostly the laughing, playing, and loving! 
 

Okay -- let me preface this book by saying if you don't want your toes stepped on by God, wait until you do before reading this book. It (God) will move you in a mighty way while reading it. I was so moved by it that we are in the middle of studying it in our Sunday School class and some amazing things are happening there. It truly makes you think about your own personal walk with God, spreading the Gospel, and the people around the world who haven't heard it!

This is a daily devotion book that I also read about on Fly Through our Window and it speaks directly to me every single day. The main thing that registers with me is how Jesus wants to to have a minute to minute conscience relationship

No comments:

Post a Comment