Thursday, April 7, 2011

Back to Blogging...and A LOT to catch up on!

Well, it's time...to get back to this ole blog. I think about it all the time. Posting it is a totally different matter. With our family of 5, it's hard to find time. 
But just a little update:
Mary Flynn is 3 month old! It is so hard for me to believe. She is looking like a teenager (j/k), but seriously -- she is growing up WAY to fast. She is smiling all the time and is sleeping from around 9ish to 6ish -- which is wonderful! I am loving making her precious bubbles, burp cloths, and outfits. I just finished a bullatin board for her room (I am going to try my first "how-to" post...more on that to come). She is looking so much like her brother Reed! We baptized her April 27 at our church and it was a special day! Our families came and ate lunch at our house afterward and we had such a lovely afternoon. She wore a gorgeous heirloom gown made by my sweet sweet first cousin, Suzanne. She also make Reed and Luke's gown/bubble and truly has a gift. I walk in Mary Flynn's room everyday and just want to put her in it because it is so sweet and angelic. A keepsake she will have forever!
Luke -- hehe... What can I say? The child makes me laugh and makes it so hard for me to discipline him because of that. My loving rough and tumble boy! He is saying some of the funniest things lately. Also at 2 1/2, he is finally 100% potty trained. It took getting lots of prizes and TONS (literally) of stickers! He still likes to put a sticker on his "poster" after each visit to the potty. All I can say is Hallelujah -- only one in diapers! 
He is always saying, "mommy, come play with me, mommy, come watch a movie with me!" And I am learning to just drop what I am doing at the time and do just that! Lately, he has been seeing "dina-surs" over at our neighbors house who want to "get me" at around 3 am. Reed has come to the rescue and it makes me wish I still had a monitor in their room so I could hear exactly what he was saying...I'm sure it is precious!
Reed continues to remind us not to break the "lemon speed" so the police won't get us, wants to pick "dandle-lights," and tons of other "off" words that keep us rolling. K4 is almost over, which is very hard to believe! He is becoming an expert marksman and corrects me every time I call the arrow a bow (as does his daddy!). 
Luke and Reed have started to get in bed with each other every night. Some nights we try to keep them separated, but they truly LOVE (and sleep better) sleeping together. I think it is so sweet and am such a pushover when they ask if they can.
I am going to try to start putting all the funny things they are saying on here so I can remember! I know since I can't remember what they were saying two weeks ago, I am going to be so sad 20 years from now when I don't have a clue. And some of the things they are saying and doing, I know I'm not gonna want to forget! 

No comments:

Post a Comment