Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kitchen and fabric favorites

I follow (and frequently visit) the sew mama sew blog and web site and they are having a sale. I think if I had 1 million dollars I would spend at least $100,000 on fabric...I am obsessed. 

I have been dreaming lately of an all white kitchen accented with turquoise and a little bit of red thrown in there--i.e. bright red Kitchen Aid mixer (and we are having a little trouble with an air-conditioning leak so I'm hoping the "paint the kitchen" project will happen sooner rather than later)!! If it does, I LOVE this fabric for new window treatments (I am dying to try this roller shade tutorial from Design Sponge found here):

Marnie from the Poodle fabric collection by Jennifer Paganelli for Free Spirit.



with these shelves
(from Ballard)

and we are in desperate need of this bench (below and also from Ballard Designs) to collect all of our backpacks, shoes (it seems like the BBs take of their shoes as soon as they walk in the door...I counted 6 pairs in our kitchen floor the other night!)
(also from Ballard)

Here are a few more of my favorite fabrics that can be found on Sew Mama Sew:

Once we find out what this baby is (TOMORROW!!!), I may want to update some of our nursery bedding with this!!! Perfect for boy and girl...and I just L-O-V-E the name!
Grandma's Pearls from the Party Dress fabric collection by Mo Bedell for Blue Hill Fabrics.

This would also be an option for the kitchen!
Circles from the McKenzie fabric collection by Dena Designs for Free Spirit.

What a Whooooot!
My favorite: so fun and whimsical! Gotta love that round little owl!
Opal's House from the Opal Owl fabric collection by Tina Givens for Free Spirit.

Can I just say that Free Spirit is one of my favorite fabric companies! 


Anyway, I am saving all these ideas for my all new kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment