Thursday, March 18, 2010

Whatever is lovely


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
Philippians 4:6-8

This scripture is one that has been on my mind A LOT lately. I tend to be anxious about a lot of things. Wondering, wishing, hoping, dreaming (like about my kitchen "redo") -- Rob has helped me to be a little less anxious over the years because he IS the most laid back person you will ever meet. I have to remind myself on a daily basis not to be anxious, but to pray about everything and hand it over to God. That He created me and my family (and for that matter, everything in the universe) and He can handle any situation better than I can. Why would I think I can handle it better? Silly silly me!! The awesome part is, when I do pray about things, and hand problems over to HIM, I feel "the peace of God that passes all comprehension." And I love the word lovely. I just do. It is such a pretty word. I love all of the words that He tells us to dwell on true, honorable, right, pure, good repute -- I'm going to dwell on these things...

No comments:

Post a Comment