Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Good St. Patrick

Happy St. Patty's Day!

This morning the BBs (blonde boys) reminded their daddy that they needed to wear green today (which I'm sure they talked about at school yesterday!!). Daddy was a little frustrated since they told him AFTER they were already dressed in something else -- but he obliged and they both have on their green tees today! They were in the middle of feeding Lilly, our beloved (and sometimes be-disliked) Beagle.

And that got me thinking, Bro. Mike, our preacher tells the wonderful story of St. Patrick and I was hoping I could find it to share. This morning as I checked my e-mail, it was in our mid-week newsletter (I love how God brings thoughts together). Here it is:

On March 17th, many churches, especially those with a large Irish population, will celebrate the life of St. Patrick. He grew up in a Christian home in Britain, but wasn't very religious until a major event changed his life. As a teen, he was captured and sold into slavery in Ireland, but escaped to Gaul (France) after six years. The years of enslavement strengthened his faith. He later wrote, " in that strange land (Ireland), the Lord opened my unbelieving eyes." He was led by God's voice to return to Ireland where he converted people to Christianity tribe by tribe. 
 Because Ireland is called the Emerald Isle, those who celebrate St. Patick's Day will wear something green. Some Christians will even color food or drink green. Many Christians will also eat corned beef and cabbage and decorate tables with shamrocks. Shamrocks are actually three-leaf (not four0leaf) clover plants. Legend has it that St. Patrick used the three leaves to teach about the Holy Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
On a TOTALLY different note, I was bound and determined to finish my latest sewing project -- a dress for me!!! It turned out very cute -- the only minor glitch is that the arm holes are about 3 inches around and will cut my circulation off if I wear it too long. The good part is: that can be fixed!!! I will try to post some pics of it soon. In the meantime, here are some pics of the BBs in some of my creations!
The boys in their shirts -- I cut the appliques out of old t-shirts I was too lazy to take to Goodwill

Big BB WOULD NOT Cooperate with me to take pics of the shorts I made to match the jon-jons for little B. Him laying down with the blanket was about the best I could get. The funny thing is, Rob keeps asking me when I'm going to make his jon-jon. Of course that is a huge joke because he's always told me I could dress them however I wanted until they were 2 and I've extended that just a wee bit. I had to throw that in there because it makes me laugh out loud everything I think about the image of Rob in my mind!!
If you know him, you will too...

Till next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment