Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome Spring!

Over the weekend, we have enjoyed being outside and enjoying the spring weather!

Luke saying cheese...then proceding to spill a full bottle of bubbles!


Reed running after the football -- getting his "muscles big"
Until Sunday, it truly felt like Spring! I think it actually sleeted some Sunday (the actual 1st day of Spring) -- crazy weather!

A few days ago, Reed told me that I had a flower tree outside my window (he's turning into quite the observant child). Anyway, I do and it is lovely! I've always called them Tulip trees but I think the actual name is Japanese Magnolia. I climbed this tree all the time as a little girl and now Reed is starting to climb it too.


I also planted 100 red/yellow tulip bulbs in a bed in the front of our house and they are about to bloom -- I can't wait to see them. Luke and I were walking around the yard Saturday afternoon and I started thinking about the beauty of spring. God's creation is so amazing. We are all new creations when we believe in Him -- the old has died and the new has come. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

The transformation of nature is amazing and here it is from our own back (and front!) yard...
This is our tulip tree back in January when it snowed and now

This is the bed where I planted the tulips when it snowed and now
And here are a few more shots of spring -- To God be the Glory!!!

I think this is Japanese quince? SO so pretty

I'm continuing to play around with my sewing machine. I have always LOVED fabric, ribbon, fun paper, etc. I work in a town that has the most incredible fabric store, Main Street Fabrics, and I find myself walking down there at lunch time to just look at all the fabrics and patterns. I try not to buy anything unless I've got a project in mind (this is very hard to do). It reminds me of  Hawthorne Threads online, except in real life. AND as I mentioned in an earlier post I found an adorable Amy Butler pattern for a dress for me -- which I have completed (after SEVERAL midnight sewing sessions)!! Stay tuned for our Easter pics to see the finished product. It is this pattern -- I can't find the fabric online so you will have to wait and see. I also bought this fabric to make the same dress again because I loved the fabric and it was on sale!!!

Oh well, now I'm off to catch up on the 1,500 episodes of Idol, Biggest Loser, and Kell on Earth -- I'm sure there are some other Bravo shows out there I need to become addicted too!

No comments:

Post a Comment