Wednesday, September 26, 2012

mini "Worship" moments

Back to to running this month and I am enjoying listening to praise and worship as I run. I have given up rap...hard to admit that I love/loved rap music (I guess it's the public school girl in me), and even though I love the way it sounds, the words made me a little uncomfortable. Anyway, I am sure I will sneak in some of the milder oldies but goodies, but for the most part I am parting ways with rap. But I still love music and cry all the time when a song that touches me comes on the radio. I cry all the time in general, I mean not tears of sadness, but of joy. Brother Mike has been preaching the last few Sunday's on worship and I feel like I am having a little "worship moment" when I am moved to tears by the Holy Spirit...that He is grabbing my attention saying, "Here that? I did that for you!" or "This is how much I love you!" Right now on my running playlist there are several songs, where at any given time I may be bawling my eyes out! One is a song remade by the group HighRoadIII (who came to FUMC several months ago), called How Deep the Father's Love for US. Cry.Every.Time. And this is where it gets me every single time:

It was my sin that held Him there (this breaks my heart, and the tears start falling)
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life (HE has brought ME life)
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything (and how hard is that)
No gifts, no power, no wisdom (super super hard)
But I will boast in Jesus Christ (YES LORD!!!)
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward? (I shouldn't)
I cannot give an answer (????)
But this I know with all my heart (and believe it)
His wounds have paid my ransom (WOW!!! Thank you for loving a big ole sinner like me!)

So, I cry, as my little "worship moments," thoughout the day. Praising Him for what He did for me, a sinner. I can't wrap my mind around it, but thankfully I don't have to. I just accept His grace and mercy and LOVE Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment