Thursday, July 22, 2010

LC's shower!!

Well, I have taken a little "blogging" hiatus becuase "The Fair" is in two days!!!!! But before we head down (with two excited boys...one who has bronchitis, so we may be enjoying our nights in our own beds), I wanted to share about our amazing weekend in Birmingham for BABY SHOWER'S. Our good friends Ryan and Laura Catherine Mason are expecting their 1st baby girl in a few weeks. Laura's best friend Amy is also expecting her 1st baby boy in September. Somehow, L and I didn't realize we were going to Birmingham the same weekend until last minute so we rearranged our plans to ride together on Friday which was wonderful "girl time" that we don't get very often without 4 (about to be 5) kids interrupting us!

Here we are just getting to Birmingham (note to self -- apply make-up pre-photo op)

After living in Birmingham for almost 5 years, I have lots of friends who still live there and LC and I go way back, so it was so so so much fun catching up with everyone. I dropped Laura off with her BFFs from h.s. (little re-cap of her weekend: they ate here, and here, and stayed here -- pretty swank, huh!)

Anyway, I stayed with my good friend (college roomate) Blair, and her sweet family and her house (which is adorable) is where we had the shower! I picked zinnias from our yard and was bound and determined to find "Mason" jars to put them in (we ran all over Birmingham Friday night looking for them -- they HAD to say Mason!) This is how our centerpiece turned out (I wish the pictures weren't so blurry):
 
We used ribbon and little key limes down in the jars



Sweet LC and her mom, Patti
Me and the "mama" to be
All the gifts (and the fabric flags I made for another event)!
ha, ha, ha...
I think all new grandmothers are overwhelmed with joy at the thought of a grandbaby and I KNOW this one is!
LC got some of the most precious things for Bailey Catherine!
LC and the hostesses from the shower!

What a wonderful, fun, exciting weekend -- celebrating the birth of Bailey Catherine Mason and her sweet, sweet family and catching up with old friends (the kind that it's just like you talked to them yesterday...love it)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment