Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lent -- 18 of 40 (Spring on Spring)

Oh my goodness! Literally where does the time go. It's the Wednesday before Easter already and this week is F.U.L.L. Easter parties, baseball (x2), Spring programs, Art shows, pancake suppers, oh, and throw in a little work too! I'm tired just thinking about all of this. I am reminded of my weekend where Rob and kids went fishing in NA, and I was home alone...aahhh! Busy weekend though and got to enjoy friends and the beautiful spring weather and flowers. 

Friday, Reed had his Awards Day program where he got special distinction and AR goal was met! There were so many students who made honor roll, distinction, and special distinction. Some mighty fine teachers and support staff at Fair and we could not be happier!
(mama and Reed and his awards)

(me, Rob, and Reed, and my favorite spring top from J. Crew which is actually a swim suit cover up. May be pulling double duty at the beach!!!)

Saturday ran my 3rd 1/2 marathon in 90 days and set my personal record for 1/2s! 2:08:38!! The Columbus Pilgrimage 1/2 folks did a great job on the race. And the weather was beautiful and course was relatively flat. Yay! Yay! and YAY!

(Stacy and I before the race)

 
(at the beginning...all smiles)

(the end and a straight up hill...but almost there)


(after the race. Stacy looks ready for a photo shoot and I look like a red beet...tee hee!)

She sent me this after the race and it is so true of our friendship! Love this lady!

I also got to spend Saturday afternoon at the ballpark with Stacy and the Diamond Dogs for Super Bulldog Weekend and a game against Ole Miss. It was a gorgeous afternoon for baseball and we actually ended up winning the game in the 10th inning (which I missed because I left early...insert sad face here). But we did set the NCAA attendance record for a baseball game and I can say that I was there. 

Sunday brought back my peeps and 2 out of 3 waved palm branches and sang songs! 
Precious precious precious is all I can say! 


...and we gotta have a little bit of video too!!


Great weekend and I also got to work in the garden too...next post...




No comments:

Post a Comment